Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Public Transportation

I have no idea how we got onto the topic of public transportation yesterday, but it really got me thinking.

I've lived in Berkshire County all my life and I have never taken the B Bus. And now that I think about it, I only know one friend who has, and it only happened this year.

Everyone I know is so worried about getting their cars on the road for the summer, including me, even though it's gonna cost a lot of money to do so.

It would be smarter for people like me to use public transportation, even though it has kinda gotten a bad reputation. Most people believe that the B Buses are filled with hobos and sketchy people, which is probably only true because most regular refuse to use it.

But there is also the fact that it only runs at certain times and brings you to certain places. I guarantee if you wanna go to Wal-Mart at 3:25 in the afternoon you cannot just walk outside and have a bus waiting to take you there. That's the reason why most people stick to having their own car, even though it's more expensive.

Although I still probably wont use public transportation, I do agree that it is a good thing that really isnt used enough and that by using it people could save a lot of money in gas and insurance. The problem is people like to get to where they want to go as soon as they want to go there, which is why people who can afford cars (even if just barely) still wont take the bus.

No comments: